6010 Executive Blvd. Suite 506 Rockville, MD 20852
(301) 231-5055

A Guide to Finding Doctors for Federal Workers Compensation Claimants

A Guide to Finding Doctors for Federal Workers Compensation Claimants

A Guide to Finding Doctors for Federal Workers’ Compensation Claimants

With the federal government employing over 2 million full-time workers, there are thousands of injuries each year. In 2017 alone, there were over 86,000 reported claims.

The federal injury claims process can often be difficult to navigate. If you are a federal employee and are injured on the job, you need to know how to find the right doctor for your federal workers’ compensation claim.

What to Keep in Mind With Federal Injury Care

Forms and Procedures

When looking for DOL doctors, you may be overwhelmed by the Office of the Workers’ Compensation Programs forms and the procedures on proper filing. Not only could this possibly delay your compensation, but it hinders you from getting the proper care you need, when you need it.

If you are injured, in pain or require medication, the documentation reviews can delay your treatment and cause you unnecessary hassles in getting the help you require.

It is important that employees fill out the right forms promptly after being injured. Employees should also ALWAYS request a receipt from their supervisor for any documents that they submit.

Common Forms

Here are some of the common forms by the DFEC.

CA-1 Federal Notice of Traumatic Injury and Claim for Continuation of Pay/Compensation

CA-2 Notice of Occupational Disease and Claim for Compensation

CA-7 Claim for Compensation

CA-17 Duty Status Report

DOL – OWCP Doctors

The other issue is finding doctors who take OWCP claimants in the first place. Some patients find that their doctors no longer take OWCP patients, and this makes the process of getting help even longer. It is also very common to be treated by doctors who do not know how to meet OWCP documentation requirements. This can cause claims to be denied, requiring the federal employee to navigate a lengthy, and often difficult, appeals process.

Claims Difficulty

While paperwork was briefly covered, it gets even more complicated without an expert’s help.

For instance, if you are injured, there is either the CA-1, “Federal Employee’s Notice of Traumatic Injury and Claim for Continuation of Pay/Compensation,” or form CA-2, “Notice of Occupational Disease and Claim for Compensation.” The CA-1 is for an acute injury such as a work-related trip-and-fall or dog bite, whereas the CA-2 is for diseases such as carpal tunnel, which occur over time due to an employee’s job duties.

And this is just one of the more simple examples according the government’s website. There are also forms like the CA-7 and a Scheduled Award Impairment Rating (6th edition).

How to Get Started

If you are tired of trying to find “OWCP claims experts near me” then you have come to the right place. Our experts are well-versed in the complex paperwork required for workers’ compensation care and federal injury care.

At Elite Healthcare Center, we specialize in providing DOL doctors for injured federal workers. Not only do we make sure patients get the compensation and care that they need and deserve, but our federal injury experts routinely help patients navigate the complex OWCP forms and procedures. In fact, you can request a DOL – OWCP claim appointment type right on our website.

Don’t allow your healing and compensation get bogged down by red tape and paperwork. If you live in the DC, Maryland or Virginia area, we have experienced, board certified doctors who will customize a unique program specially designed to treat your condition and address your pain.

And keep in mind that you won’t have to navigate the difficult paperwork and filing procedures by yourself. Let us help so you can focus on your care.


Call Now